Saturday 14 May 2011

Rome wasn`t built in a day.


and neither was this jacket but I am making some slow progress.( Style Jacket 3741 )   The outer shell is mostly done and I have constructed some of the lining. It seems to be going well but as always I am dreaming of my next project. This is my stress buster , my form of meditation. However I never start a new project until the last is complete right down to folding my patterns pieces and putting them away in the envelope. Until I started reading internet sewing sites I had not heard of UFOs and wadders. It seems it has always been my policy not to have a UFO since I started sewing 30+ years ago  ( although I did not consciously realise this )  and I am glad I have not gottten into this habit as it seems to cause some sewers consternation of sorts. However wadders are another story ! I do tend to wear what I sew even if  I don`t really like the garment for at least some time so I don`t think of it as a waste.I live on a farm so not quite right clothes are good for gardening, tending to the chooks, shearing sheep etc !  Sometimes garments do `grow ` on you and you can forget the imperfections. Sometimes though they go straight into the bin . Anyway I don`t think this jacket will be a wadder and hopefully I can get some wear out of this . Cheers Janine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting. Please feel free to leave a comment . I am open to any constructive criticism and comments because I love learning and trying to grow in any way possible and enjoy discussions.