Saturday 30 June 2012

StyleARC Abby Cardy Meets Animal.

I whipped this little number up over four weeks which is pretty sad really  !  This is by no means anything to do with the pattern . I really thought I had been sewing more than what reality indicates but life has been very busy . I really am missing sewing and reading all the sewing blogs  . Anyway I would highly recommend this pattern. I will definitely sew this one again in a plain fabric.

 

I used a remnant knit  left over from my Butterick dress I sewed last year for my muslin  . I only had enough to sew the short sleeves unfortunately .


As with all Style Arc patterns there are no detailed instructions.There is the list of steps involved and one small diagram showing the centre back neck/ shoulder  and where the facing attaches. The pattern pieces are quite well marked though.


It is a very simple cardigan to sew however  so the lack of detailed instructions does not matter  but if you were completely new to sewing it would be a challenge.  


 I really like the end results - unlike some other drapey cardigans it does not have masses of fabric at the front , the fit is great and it can be styled in several different ways. Also I was very impressed by the service I received from this company - the pattern arrived the week after I ordered it and the costs were quite reasonable.I also really like the small swatch of fabric they include - this really helped with my material selection .  I will definitely buy more patterns. ( I also have the Peta Pants patterns and have sewed a muslin - another happy success !)

I hope to get more sewing done in the next month - I have been on a prolonged break from work and go back to the real world in a month. Also I have lost my nocturnal foot warmer for the next 4 weeks - my husband and middle daughter have gone to France while I stay home with the oldest and youngest daughters - sigh .We are expecting some extra special souvenirs - well they better or else !  I don`t know what the or else is yet - hopefully we won`t have to think of something ;)

15 comments:

  1. 4 weeks! That's nothing. It seems to take me months to knock up the simplest of garments.

    Love the cardigan. I like those drapey styles they are flattering and can be used in lots of different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how versatile this is and of course- the animal print. Grr, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice you had enough of this print to make the cardigan. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely cardigan! It looks great with the shorter sleeves too, great for layering as it shows off the colour of the top underneath.
    I sure hope you receive some lovely souvenirs soon. You deserve something nice for staying at home :)

    In reply to your comment, yes, they are all our puddytats, and I couldn't "get" them to pose like that if I tried! They happened to just be sitting in a row like that, and I grabbed my camera :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look very stylish and meow-valous in your cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good piece to have in your wardrobe. There are so many styling options and it soo suits you.

    I hope your family gets to see the Tour while they're in France. I love the Tour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great jacket. I made the same one on the weekend. I like your short sleeved version. I might make a short sleeved on in Summer. I love your fun print.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This pattern is a sure winner! I love your jacket because it can be very versatile, making the short sleeve one piece makes it widely used for summer. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great on you. I like your wearing variations, I find this rather tricky myself. A short sleeved cover up garment is very useful.
    I hope that your truant family members are agonizing over suitable souvenirs for the whole trip, or at least can talk convincingly about how this was what they did for the entire time away once they return ;). What are they like at independent fabric selection?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tie front. Super cute card and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is very cool that they include a swatch of fabric. That is extremely helpful. This is a great cardigan. I love how it looks tied. I agree about some of those drape-y cardigans having too much fabric at the front. This is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is very cool that they include a swatch of fabric. That is extremely helpful. This is a great cardigan. I love how it looks tied. I agree about some of those drape-y cardigans having too much fabric at the front. This is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is very cool that they include a swatch of fabric. That is extremely helpful. This is a great cardigan. I love how it looks tied. I agree about some of those drape-y cardigans having too much fabric at the front. This is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is very cool that they include a swatch of fabric. That is extremely helpful. This is a great cardigan. I love how it looks tied. I agree about some of those drape-y cardigans having too much fabric at the front. This is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for commenting on my blog - it allowed me to find yours! I love your clothes too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting. Please feel free to leave a comment . I am open to any constructive criticism and comments because I love learning and trying to grow in any way possible and enjoy discussions.