Sunday 5 January 2014

The T-Shirt Project - Part 2. The Cross Your Eyes T . New

New Look 6405.

 The second of the Ts as a result of the T Shirt Marathon Project .
New Look 6405 combined with what I call the hypnotist* fabric or the I am going cross eyed fabric.
I have wanted to sew this pattern for a while - obviously quite a  long while because this pattern is 10 years old ( and here I thought I was sewing up a modern pattern and being trendy for a change )
Whatever - I really like the result .

I used some poly knit from the opshop , a scrap of red ribbed knit and to tart it up a bit and use up some of my BABLE ( Button Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy )5 black buttons at the left neckline .
According to other reviews of this T shirt it is very close fitting and short so I went up one size and added 6 cm to the length after comparing the pattern pieces to my other Ts. Thankyou so much to people who do reviews of patterns otherwise I would have ended up with another fail .
I reckon the fit and length are just right . I like the little cap sleeves and high cross over style. It is a very easy project to sew as well.

Verdict- SUCCESS - complete. ( And I will definitely sew this pattern again ) .
(* I have an evil plan to wear this top   frequently thus hypnotizing my family into doing whatever , probably I will only end up tormenting them though. )


7 comments:

  1. Ooh - I love that tee. The fabric is fantastic and the red detailing buttons make it pop. BABLE LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great t-shirt Janine. Love the fabric and the red just makes it! Love your evil plan and i hope it works! I also liked the striped tshirt from yesterday - and i'm sure your daughter will get lots of wear from it also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janine, thank you for your comment on my Eva dress. Rathdowne Remnants is one of my favourite fabric shops. I always leave there with something to add to my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the style of this top looked familiar. Yes, I have it in my pattern collection. I love the red trim on the black and white print, and the buttons add a unique, fun detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. This top is a success.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great - 10yrs old? They designed lovely T's back then! Love the red contrast & I want this hypnotic fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Very attractive top on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting. Please feel free to leave a comment . I am open to any constructive criticism and comments because I love learning and trying to grow in any way possible and enjoy discussions.