Sunday 12 June 2011

Simplicity 4349-a different kind of evening wear.

When the designers of simplicity created this pattern what they had in mind was glamorous evening wear - fur, satin, brocade capes, scarves and bags. When I saw this pattern I thought of my large scrap of polar fleece and a different kind of evening wear ! I have certainly downgraded  Simplicity 4349. This is the dirtiest and quickest piece of sewing ever. I did not finish any seams . The only trouble I took was to tear off a small piece of stabilizer and use this making the button hole. However if success can be measured by the wearings then this is a hit. I have worn it  every night since sewing it . It is warm, soft, lightweight and not restricting. Perfect for reading in bed at night  . I said to my husband is this the daggiest thing I have ever sewn and he nodded yes bravely . So there you go I have reached the pit of daggidom. My sewing and this blog can only go upwards now. Cheers Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting. Please feel free to leave a comment . I am open to any constructive criticism and comments because I love learning and trying to grow in any way possible and enjoy discussions.