Friday 24 June 2011

Simplicity 4698= A wadder saved .

I was really enjoying sewing this jacket . The shell came together nicely and fitted well. So I progressed to the semi-lining and collar. I thought this is a really weird collar and then it hit ! I had really oopsed . I was almost ready to throw this away  and then was inspired by LisaLaree of SewRandom who goes to all lengths to avoid wadders. After one hour of unpicking and sewing I saved this jacket . I was so pleased that I have proceeded to HongKong finish all the exposed seams . All I have left now are the sleeves, hems , buttons and buttonholes. I may even do bound button holes as this jacket only has 3 buttons ( no promises though ! )

1 comment:

  1. Oh sometimes sewing can be frustrating but congratulations on persevering with getting this jacket right - I am sure that your hard work is going to be worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting. Please feel free to leave a comment . I am open to any constructive criticism and comments because I love learning and trying to grow in any way possible and enjoy discussions.